The toughest Roads
shouldn't be navigated alone
shouldn't be
navigated alone
Let's get you back
on the road legally
Attorney Brian Simoneau is a great lawyer. He is very versed on the current laws and he will help you convey a well organized winning case. I would highly recommend him.
James F.
c-img-new c-img-new

The Mass. RMV Will Not Grant Hardship Licenses for Out of State Suspensions

Massachusetts Registry News

The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles will not issue a hardship license on an out of state suspension. This means that if your license or right to operate is suspended in another state, you cannot get a hardship license in Massachusetts. Instead, you must clear the out of state suspension or revocation and provide proof of clearance to the Massachusetts Registry. If the out of state suspension is the result of a DUI or related charge, you must provide the Registry with a certified copy of your out of state driving record, a certified court docket, showing the charges and the outcome, and a clearance letter from the RMV or DMV where your license was suspended. The Board of Appeal will generally not order the Registry to grant a hardship license on an out of state NDR suspension and the Registry will simply refer you to the Department of Motor Vehicles of the state where the suspension has originated.


Related Articles