The toughest Roads
shouldn't be navigated alone
shouldn't be
navigated alone
Let's get you back
on the road legally
Attorney Brian Simoneau is a great lawyer. He is very versed on the current laws and he will help you convey a well organized winning case. I would highly recommend him.
James F.
c-img-new c-img-new

Mass. RMV License Reinstatement Procedures

Massachusetts Registry News

If your license is suspended or revoked under the habitual traffic offender law, the Massachusetts JOL speeding law, or for subsequent DUI convictions, after you have served your revocation time, you must submit a new license application and apply for a full license exam. You can do this at any full service Registry of Motor Vehicles with four pieces of positive identification: (1) SSN card or valid current U.S. or non-U.S. passport, (2) a Document proving date of birth, (3) a document proving your signature, and (4) a Document proving signature. You must also pay a reinstatement fee of at least $500.00 and the $30.00 fee for the learner’s permit exam. Your license will not be reinstated unless and until you pay the required fees. The Registry does not accept credit cards for reinstatement fees. Instead, you must pay by cash or check.

Once you take the written test and obtain the Massachusetts Learner’s Permit, you can schedule a road test. Upon successful completion of the road test, you will be issued a new driver’s license. If you’re reinstating from a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th offense DUI suspension, you will need to have the ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle prior to getting your license. You will need to have the interlock device while you are on any hardship license and for a minimum of 2 years after getting a fulltime license.

Related Articles