The toughest Roads
shouldn't be navigated alone
shouldn't be
navigated alone
Let's get you back
on the road legally
Attorney Brian Simoneau is a great lawyer. He is very versed on the current laws and he will help you convey a well organized winning case. I would highly recommend him.
James F.
c-img-new c-img-new

Ignition Interlock Violation Notices

Ignition Interlock Devices

When the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) receives documentation that shows a violation of the Ignition Interlock Device (IID) program requirements, you will receive violation hearing notice. The Registry mails these notices to the customer’s address on record with the RMV. Any alleged non-compliance with IID program requirements can result in the scheduling of a violation hearing. The notice will inform you of the address, date and time of your scheduled Ignition Interlock Device Violation hearing. If you fail to appear, the Registry will automatically revoke your driver’s license.

The hearing notice will contain a summary of the alleged violations and your rights under the law. At the hearing, you have the right to present your side of the case and refute any evidence of the alleged IID violations. This is your opportunity to convince the Registry Hearing Officer not to revoke your driver’s license for 10 years for having violated the IID program requirements.

The Registry requests that Prior to the IID violation hearing, you submit to the RMV’s Ignition Interlock Department any evidence which you plan to present at the hearing and a list of all witnesses you intend to have testify on your behalf.

The Registry’s Ignition Interlock Department conducts violation hearings and the Registry enforces program requirements with a zero-tolerance approach. Fortunately, you are legally entitled to be represented by counsel at these violation hearings. Hiring a lawyer is highly recommended and effective representation can often mean the difference between keeping or losing your driver’s license for 10 years.

If you receive a violation hearing notice, you should promptly contact an attorney. Also, you should contact your service provider and request a copy of the interlock readings from the last 6 months. The service provider is legally required to supply the customer with this data and it can be very helpful when it comes to defending yourself against an alleged violation.

Related Articles