At our law firm, we see first hand the devastating effects of driving accidents, many of which result in the imposition of indefinite immediate threat license suspensions.
A study provided by the AAA Foundation states that: “Drivers ages 16-17 continue to have the highest rates of crash involvement, injuries to themselves and others and deaths of others in crashes in which they are involved.”
The study also highlights that although crash involvement improves for ages 18-24; the fatality rate of the crashes is still much higher than the safest drivers, which are between the ages of 60-69.
Why are young people so adversely affected? Despite the efforts in raising awareness among young people on driving safety, what are the reasons that driving accidents remain so high within this demographic? How can those educating young people on driving safety better connect with their audience?
Answering the above questions in a well-considered and researched written piece may award you with a scholarship.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 24.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
Considering the statistics covering young driver car accidents, craft a 500-1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- Why are young people so adversely affected?
- Despite the efforts in raising awareness among young people on driving safety, what are the reasons that driving accidents remain so high within this demographic?
- How can those educating young people on driving safety better connect with their audience?
Submit proof of enrolment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrolment for your college or university at that time.
All applications must be submitted by January 1, 2021. The winner will be contacted via email or phone number.
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from RMV lawyer.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Questions about our scholarship can be directed to: RMVlawyerscholarship@gmail.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by RMV Lawyer will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses.
Applicant Information Safety
- No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
- All information relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is paid.
- Applicants’ emails will not be used for any marketing purposes.
- Applicants will not be asked to provide any sensitive information for their application or to claim their award if they are to win the scholarship.
- There is no fee to apply to this scholarship or for the winning applicant to claim their award.
- Applicants retain all rights to their work submitted.
Terms & Conditions
- All submitted essay material must be the original work of the applicant.
- Only one submission may be entered per student, per year.
- Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- All scholarships are non-renewable.
- By submitting an application to our scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.